- No chickenpox vaccine is available.
- MMR Catch-up.
- 13-18 usually done at school but we are able to offer this vaccine.
- The HPV vaccine if missed at school.
- Shingles vaccine available for patients aged 70 to 80.
- Flu vaccine clinic in October, please book an appointment if qualify.
- Travel vaccinations are available, some are not available on the NHS and so will be administered at a fee please enquire at reception for more details.
Health Promotion & Education
We undertake to provide a comprehensive programme of health promotion and education. Details of any current promotions and literature will be displayed in the lobby.
We offer a repeat dispensing system for patients with chronic conditions (a six month supply of medication) to aid the management of chronic diseases. Over 65’s are now only able to have one month of medication issued on each prescription.
Non-urgent advice: Notice
Please note that there is a charge for the completion of some forms and reports by the doctor/nurse. The list of private fees is displayed at reception.
All requests for medical information will be processed within 28 days.
The doctors at Oakwood Medical Centre do not do:
- Record injuries for police purposes.
- Provide Jurors with a certificate to excuse them from Jury service.
- Make declarations in support of patients who wish to have a postal vote.
- Countersign driving License applications.
- Countersign Passport applications.
- Countersign Shotgun certificate applications.
- Write letters to support Housing Applications.